Latest Sugarpills News
What are you doing New Year's Eve?
Posted: December 16, 2020
Greetings, Gingerbread friends! The holiday season has brought you that which was foretold in summer: a new single! It took months of quarantine for us to figure out working remotely, but we are pleased to share this hopeful invitation with all of you. Stream it through the usual suspects via our Music page or click the image below to go directly to Bandcamp. No matter how you close out this year, we hope you have a happy holiday, and that we will "see" many of you in the New Year!
<3 The Sugarpills
"It was just like christmas..."
Posted: August 25, 2020
Happy August Christmas! We're officially 121 days out from the merriest day of the year. We know times are hard right now and the world could all use a little more love, so we dug deep into the archives and polished up an old gem. We've learned a lot since this was released 8 years ago, and we love it even more. Enjoy and stay tuned for new track coming this Christmas!
"Come On and Dance"... The Christmas Pickle Polka!
Posted: December 25, 2015
We are super psyched to announce our next album, "The Christmas Pickle"! Featuring a brand new, original and title track from your favorite merrymakers, along with a great mix of classic, contemporary, and pop culture tunage. Without further ado:
- Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer - Originally by Elmo and Patsy
- There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays - Written by Robert Allen and Al Stillman
- How Do You Spell Channukkahh? - Originally by The LeeVees
- River - Originally by Joni Mitchell
- Someday At Christmas - Originally by Stevie Wonder
- The Christmas Pickle Polka - The Sugarpills
- Midwinters's Night - Originally by Blackmore's Night
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Written by Hugh Martin and Ralph Blane
- Dominick the Donkey - Written by Ray Allen, Sam Saltzberg and Wandra Merrell / Performed by Lou Monte
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Theme
- We're Despicable (Plunderer's March) - Originally From Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol
- The Season's Upon Us - Originally by The Dropkick Murphy's
- The Night Santa Went Crazy - Originally by "Weird Al" Yankovic
- Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy / Pat a Pan - Written by Tchaikovsky, originally from The Nutcracker Ballet | Written by Bernard de La Monnoye
Don't know about the Christmas Pickle? Fear not, we bring you tidings of great joy:
Thanks to our followers who participated in last year's poll and voted in the Fan Favorite "There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays."
Now if you'll excuse us, we're headin' for Pennsylvania and some homemade pumpkin pie!
We Wish You a Merry Christmas,
<3 The Sugarpills
Photo courtesty Arrie Callahan
"Do You Know What I Know?"
Posted: December 22, 2015
Fear not, all you little drummer boys and girls: we will be making a Secret-Santa level announcement on Christmas Day of this year! Be sure to stay tuned for the next big thing from The Sugarpills!
Here are some crazy Christmas games to keep you busy in the interim. Since we've covered 4/13, we highly endorse getting your eggnog on!
Buena Vista Pictures / BuzzFeed
Turning up the Heat(miser) on Christmas
Posted: December 17, 2015
Our favorite jolly elf, Old Man Freak Boy, will one again gift his listeners with some of our tunage! This year's Christmas show features Kevin's childhood fav. "Snow Miser/ Heat Miser," originally from "The Year Without a Santa Clause" but lately from our sophomore album "Christmas Spirits."
As always, fans living near Utica, NY can catch the Christmas grooves airing live at WPNR 90.7, now TWICE AS NICE: this year's show, Sunday, December 20 at 8:00 PM EST and last year's show on Monday, December 21 at 11:00 PM EST.
For all you other Sugarplum fairies, or for those that just can't get enough you can enjoy ALL FOUR holiday specials RIGHT NOW