Latest Sugarpills News
"It was just like christmas..."
Posted: August 25, 2020
Happy August Christmas! We're officially 121 days out from the merriest day of the year. We know times are hard right now and the world could all use a little more love, so we dug deep into the archives and polished up an old gem. We've learned a lot since this was released 8 years ago, and we love it even more. Enjoy and stay tuned for new track coming this Christmas!
"Come On and Dance"... The Christmas Pickle Polka!
Posted: December 25, 2015
We are super psyched to announce our next album, "The Christmas Pickle"! Featuring a brand new, original and title track from your favorite merrymakers, along with a great mix of classic, contemporary, and pop culture tunage. Without further ado:
- Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer - Originally by Elmo and Patsy
- There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays - Written by Robert Allen and Al Stillman
- How Do You Spell Channukkahh? - Originally by The LeeVees
- River - Originally by Joni Mitchell
- Someday At Christmas - Originally by Stevie Wonder
- The Christmas Pickle Polka - The Sugarpills
- Midwinters's Night - Originally by Blackmore's Night
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Written by Hugh Martin and Ralph Blane
- Dominick the Donkey - Written by Ray Allen, Sam Saltzberg and Wandra Merrell / Performed by Lou Monte
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Theme
- We're Despicable (Plunderer's March) - Originally From Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol
- The Season's Upon Us - Originally by The Dropkick Murphy's
- The Night Santa Went Crazy - Originally by "Weird Al" Yankovic
- Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy / Pat a Pan - Written by Tchaikovsky, originally from The Nutcracker Ballet | Written by Bernard de La Monnoye
Don't know about the Christmas Pickle? Fear not, we bring you tidings of great joy:
Thanks to our followers who participated in last year's poll and voted in the Fan Favorite "There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays."
Now if you'll excuse us, we're headin' for Pennsylvania and some homemade pumpkin pie!
We Wish You a Merry Christmas,
<3 The Sugarpills
Photo courtesty Arrie Callahan
"Do You Know What I Know?"
Posted: December 22, 2015
Fear not, all you little drummer boys and girls: we will be making a Secret-Santa level announcement on Christmas Day of this year! Be sure to stay tuned for the next big thing from The Sugarpills!
Here are some crazy Christmas games to keep you busy in the interim. Since we've covered 4/13, we highly endorse getting your eggnog on!
Buena Vista Pictures / BuzzFeed
Turning up the Heat(miser) on Christmas
Posted: December 17, 2015
Our favorite jolly elf, Old Man Freak Boy, will one again gift his listeners with some of our tunage! This year's Christmas show features Kevin's childhood fav. "Snow Miser/ Heat Miser," originally from "The Year Without a Santa Clause" but lately from our sophomore album "Christmas Spirits."
As always, fans living near Utica, NY can catch the Christmas grooves airing live at WPNR 90.7, now TWICE AS NICE: this year's show, Sunday, December 20 at 8:00 PM EST and last year's show on Monday, December 21 at 11:00 PM EST.
For all you other Sugarplum fairies, or for those that just can't get enough you can enjoy ALL FOUR holiday specials RIGHT NOW
Posted: December 16, 2015
We've been having a ton of fun this season hanging and playing with our friends at Touchstone Theatre. Apparently that joy has spread to the theater-going audience: here are some of the rave reviews (and advance press) for Christmas City Follies XVI!
- Bethlehem Press (12/2/15) "Sweet 16 The Tried and New for Touchstone Theatre"
- Morning Call (12/8/15) "Christmas City Follies is "fun and fresh"
- Bethlehem Press (12/11/15) "A Follies We Will Go for Touchstone Fun" December
- Morning Call (12/12/15) "'Christmas City Follies' Raising a Ruckus at Touchstone Theatre"
We've still got one weekend left so be sure to grab your tickets now if you don't wnat to miss out. In the meantime, we shall continue to bring the merry!
Photo courtesy of Touchstone Theatre